Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everybody has actually heard of, but couple of understand anything about.
While numerous might not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You ought to have a look at the platform if you have not become aware of it previously.
Regarding personal branding, Tumblr uses some distinct benefits to blog writers and services alike.
For instance, the platform can help showcase their imagination or develop an audience through quality material and personalization alternatives.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look at the top functions and benefits of utilizing Tumblr, from writing tutorials to developing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing pictures, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Responses” function, which permits users to reveal their feelings about something published on the site.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly personalized. Brand names can tailor their style, design, colors, typefaces, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and create custom-made RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Creating an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the option to follow you. There are no private profile options like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop various widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually ended up being more prominent with its totally free mobile app, abundant API, custom design tools, and lively neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Stats
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share images, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service acquired appeal after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred again to Automattic, a moms and dad company of WordPress that keeps ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 staff members at Tumblr.
- Out of their workers, 57% are women.
- Most staff members who operate at Tumblr stay with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebrities and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform doesn’t utilize the same blue check validated sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly revenue for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and countless commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can publish on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Although they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the web altogether.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr comes from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they offer a guide on how to start posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, just like any other website, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, many people discuss computer game, consoles, and devices. They likewise talk about computers, electronic devices, news, and topics regarding universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top rivals include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are numerous advertisement opportunities on Tumblr, including native ad experiences and custom-made opportunities.
- Tumblr is a privately owned business.
- In a current study, 70% of users mentioned that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% customer complete satisfaction score.
- Tumblr has 135 million month-to-month active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million sees in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everyone to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the capability to publish daily blogs, Tumblr also uses a liveblog function so users can blog as occasions or things take place in real-time.
- Most people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% utilize the platform online.
- In a current survey, when social media networks were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of people recognized the platform.
- The top amount of users visiting the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users online at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge specifies that “The important things that take place on Tumblr are utterly special to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million everyday posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for leading Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years of ages.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can develop customized HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, enabling users to edit or delete multiple posts simultaneously.
- Users can quickly include inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard faster way alternatives which make it much easier to create posts.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts created every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users go to 6.47 pages when they utilize the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anybody can create engaging and unique material.
As you can see, it is also extremely adjustable, allowing users and brands to produce their perfect profiles. It’s also a great space to discover and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are practically limitless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth checking out to see if it’s best for your brand name.
If you’re looking to integrate more blogging options and are considering including Tumblr, check out this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel