Content continues to rule most marketing strategies, and there is proof to support my assertion.
Put simply, content marketing is a crucial element of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a small regional business or a large international corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the extremely lifeline upon which the web and social networks are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and purposes, has actually successfully become optimized content marketing as Google demands and benefits companies that create content showing Know-how, Authority, and Dependability to the advantage of their customers.
Content marketing involves producing and sharing important, relevant, entertaining, and consistent material in different text-based, video, and audio formats.
The main focus ought to be on drawing in and keeping a plainly specified audience, with the ultimate goal of driving lucrative customer action.
However with a lot content being produced and shared every day, it is essential to stay upgraded on the latest trends and best practices in material marketing to keep up.
To help you do just that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I think you should know:
Content Marketing Usage
The number of companies are leveraging material marketing, and how are they planning to discover success?
- According to the Material Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B online marketers and 70% of B2C online marketers utilize content marketing as part of their general marketing method.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Content Marketing Study carried out by CMI discovered 40% of B2B marketers have actually a documented material marketing strategy; 33% have a strategy, but it’s not recorded, and 27% have no strategy whatsoever.
- Half of all online marketers state they contract out some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased material use by 207%.
Material Marketing Strategy
What strategies are content online marketers using or finding to be most effective?
- 83% of marketers believe it’s more reliable to produce greater quality material less often.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study Research Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of respondents stated they believed it was important to be “always on” for their customers, whereas 23% believed content-led interactions were most reliable for individualized targeting functions.
Types Of Content
Material marketing was associated with posting blogs, but the web and material have evolved into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a couple of statistics on how the different types of material are trending and carrying out.
- The top 3 kinds of material being produced by marketing teams in 2022 included videos, blog sites, and images.
- Brief articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading two content types that B2C marketers utilized in the last 12 months. Their usage of long-form articles increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video material like Buy TikTok Verifieds and Buy Instagram Verified Reels is the most efficient type of social networks material.
- 40.8% of marketers said initial graphics (infographics, illustrations) assisted them reach their marketing objectives in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C online marketers anticipated their company to invest in video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Brief material (300-900 words) draws in 21% less traffic and 75% fewer backlinks than articles of average length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Interactive material sees 52.6% more engagement than static content, with buyers spending approximately 8.5 minutes seeing static content items and 13 minutes on interactive material items. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not just sufficient to produce and publish material.
For a material strategy to be successful, it needs to consist of distributing content via the channels often visited by a company’s target market.
- Buy Facebook Verified was the top distribution channel for B2C online marketers in the previous 12 months and the channel that drove the very best results. (Source: CMI)
- B2B online marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most typical and top-performing organic social networks circulation channel.
- 80% of B2B online marketers who utilize paid distribution usage paid social networks advertising (Source: CMI)
Once content reaches an audience, it is necessary to comprehend how an audience consumes the content or takes action as a result.
- A 2021 DemandGen study exposed 62% of those making B2B purchase choices said they relied more on practical content like case studies and visual content, such as webinars, to guide their purchasing decisions and mentioning a higher focus on the trustworthiness of the source.
- Buyers are willing to invest no more than 5 minutes evaluating most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Content Preferences Survey)
- In a current post, blogger Ryan Robinson reports the typical reader invests 37 seconds reading a blog.
- 65% of respondents to DemandGen’s study said they give more credence to peer reviews, user-generated material, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated material.
Material Marketing Efficiency
Among the main reasons content marketing has actually removed is its ability to be measured, optimized, and tied to a roi.
- B2C marketers reported to CMI the top three goals content marketing assists them to accomplish are producing brand name awareness, building trust, and informing their target audience.
- Content marketing produces three times as lots of leads as conventional outbound marketing however expenses 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of marketers who take advantage of blogging say it’s a reliable tactic, and 10% say it produces the greatest ROI (roi). (Source: Hubspot blog site research)
- Over 60% of online marketers measure the success of their content marketing strategy through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Spending plan modifications and the desire to purchase particular marketing methods are great indicators of how popular and efficient these strategies are at a macro level.
The following statistics definitely appear to indicate online marketers have bought into the value of content.
- 61% of B2C online marketers in CMI’s 2021 study stated their 2022 material marketing budget would surpass their 2021 budget.
- 22% of B2B online marketers said they invested 50% or more of their total marketing spending plan on material marketing. Moreover, 43% saw their content marketing spending plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% expected them to grow once again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All kinds of marketing featured obstacles associated with time, resources, knowledge, and competition. Recognizing and resolving these challenges head-on with well-thought-out strategies is the very best method to overcome them and understand success.
- Leading obstacles consisted of “attracting quality leads with our material” (41%), “producing enough traffic and promoting our material” (39%), “creating content that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “proving the ROI of our content” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Modifications to SEO/search algorithms (64%), changes to social networks algorithms (53%), and data management/analytics (48%) are amongst the top concerns for B2C marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of people are seeking downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital tiredness (Source: EY Survey)
Time To Get Going
As you can plainly see and possibly have already realized, material marketing can be an extremely reliable and cost-effective way to create leads, build brand name awareness and drive sales.
Those willing to put in the work of constructing a recorded material strategy and performing it by producing, distributing, and optimizing high-value, relevant customer-centric content can enjoy considerable company benefits.
Featured Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel